About the Bicycle & Pedestrian Advisory Committee (BPAC)
This committee exists to encourage and promote the availability and choice of non-motorized transportation that will improve the health and safety of our citizens, the sustainability of our environment, and the economy of our region.
The BPAC's primary functions include:
• To advise and provide sound planning recommendations to the Metropolitan Interstate Council in regard to bicycle and pedestrian related plans and projects.
• To engage local stakeholders, decision makers, engineers, planners, and transportation authorities who are involved with the physical development of the transportation system, in order to gather meaningful input on projects that have impacts on bicyclists and pedestrians.
• To provide a forum for the discussion of bicycle and pedestrian related issues and concerns.
• To provide public outreach and education regarding bicycle and pedestrian specific issues, activities and projects, as deemed appropriate by the Committee.
• To assist in identifying methods and providing assistance with data gathering and implementation of plans and projects.
• To assist in identifying additional sources of funding for coordination and implementation of special projects and activities, as deemed appropriate by the Committee.
|The BPAC meets quarterly, on the first Mondays of February, May, August and November from 11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. In 2014, all meetings will be held in the ARDC Conference Room at 221 West First Street, Duluth, MN.|
View the current meeting calendar
|2014 BPAC Meetings
|Monday, February 3, 2014
|Monday, May 5, 2014
|2013 BPAC Meetings
|2012 BPAC Meetings
|Need More Information?
|Contact MIC Planner James Gittemeier by phone at (218) 529-7556 or by e-mail.|
|Current MIC meeting materials|
Calendar of upcoming committee meetings
|View a list of MIC staff members, their current projects and contact information.|
|Select a Font Size|
|Follow Our Blog:
|We Need Your Input!
Draft 2015-2018 Duluth Area TIP
The MIC invites you to review and comment on the Draft 2015-2018 Duluth Area TIP (through 7/31).
The Draft TIP lists all transportation projects in the greater metropolitan area that are recommended to receive federal transportation funds for FY 2015-2018.
|Current Planning Initiatives
|Duluth-Superior Port Land Use Plan|
Northwest Douglas County Freight Movement Study
Grand Ave/State Hwy 23 Corridor Study
Duluth 6th Avenue East Traffic Study
Superior South End Traffic Study
Bike-Ped Advisory Committee (BPAC)
|Recent Plans and Studies