Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee
|This committee exists to encourage and promote the availability and choice of non-motorized transportation that will improve the health and safety of our citizens, the sustainability of our environment, and the economy of our region.|
The BPAC's primary functions include:
• To advise and provide sound planning recommendations to the Metropolitan Interstate Council in regard to bicycle and pedestrian related plans and projects.
• To engage local stakeholders, decision makers, engineers, planners, and transportation authorities who are involved with the physical development of the transportation system, in order to gather meaningful input on projects that have impacts on bicyclists and pedestrians.
• To provide a forum for the discussion of bicycle and pedestrian related issues and concerns.
• To provide public outreach and education regarding bicycle and pedestrian specific issues, activities and projects, as deemed appropriate by the Committee.
• To assist in identifying methods and providing assistance with data gathering and implementation of plans and projects.
• To assist in identifying additional sources of funding for coordination and implementation of special projects and activities, as deemed appropriate by the Committee.
|2015 BPAC Meetings
|The BPAC meets quarterly, on the first Mondays of February, May, August and November from 11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. In 2015, all meetings will be held in the ARDC Conference Room at 221 West First Street, Duluth, MN.|
View the current meeting calendar
|Monday, February 2, 1015
|Monday, May 11, 2015
|Monday, August 3, 2015
|Monday, November 2, 2015
|2014 BPAC Meetings
|Monday, February 3, 2014
|Monday, May 5, 2014
|Monday, August 4, 2014
|2013 BPAC Meetings
|2012 BPAC Meetings
|Need More Information?
|Contact MIC Planner James Gittemeier by phone at (218) 529-7556 or by e-mail.|
|Current MIC meeting materials|
|View a list of MIC staff members, their current projects and contact information.|
|Select a Font Size|
|Follow Our Blog:
|We Need Your Input!
|From July 13 through August 14, 2015, public comments are being taken on the Draft 2016-2019 TIP. |
Click the icon to view the Draft TIP
Comments and questions are welcomed through our OpenMIC Blog or by contacting Robert Herling at (218) 529-7573 or drop-in to one of the information sessions:
Thursday, August 13, 2015 and
Friday, August 14, 2015
Both open houses will run from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and will be held at the Arrowhead Regional Development Commission (ARDC) office, on the skywalk level at 221 West First Street in downtown Duluth, MN.
|Current Planning Initiatives
|Lincoln Park Multimodal Transportation Study|
Duluth-Superior Port Land Use Plan- 2015 Update
Northwest Douglas County Freight Movement Study
4th Street Construction Project
Duluth 6th Avenue East Traffic Study
|Recent Plans and Studies