Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee
|The BPAC encourages and promotes the availability, choice and safety of non-motorized transportation options with the larger goal of improving the health and mobiity of our citizens, the sustainability of our environment, and the economy of our region. If you would be interested in becoming a member please contact James Gittemeier at email@example.com or 218.529.7556 or one of the members on the current Member List . You will see there are several vacancies we would like to fill.|
The BPAC's primary functions include:
• To advise and provide sound planning recommendations to the Metropolitan Interstate Council in regard to bicycle and pedestrian related plans and projects.
• To engage local stakeholders, decision makers, engineers, planners, and transportation authorities who are involved with the physical development of the transportation system, in order to gather meaningful input on projects that have impacts on bicyclists and pedestrians.
• To provide a forum for the discussion of bicycle and pedestrian related issues and concerns.
• To provide public outreach and education regarding bicycle and pedestrian specific issues, activities and projects, as deemed appropriate by the Committee.
• To assist in identifying methods and providing assistance with data gathering and implementation of plans and projects.
• To assist in identifying additional sources of funding for coordination and implementation of special projects and activities, as deemed appropriate by the Committee.
|2016 BPAC Meetings
|The BPAC meets quarterly, on the first Mondays of February, May, August and November from 11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. In 2016, all meetings will be held in the ARDC Conference Room at 221 West First Street, Duluth, MN.|
View the current meeting calendar
|Monday, August 1, 2016
|Monday, May 2, 2016
|Monday, February 1, 2016
|2015 BPAC Meetings
|The BPAC meets quarterly, on the first Mondays of February, May, August and November from 11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. In 2015, all meetings will be held in the ARDC Conference Room at 221 West First Street, Duluth, MN.|
View the current meeting calendar
|Monday, November 2, 2015
|Monday, August 3, 2015
|Monday, May 11, 2015
|2014 BPAC Meetings
|Monday, November 3, 2014
|Monday, August 4, 2014
|Monday, May 5, 2014
|Monday, February 3, 2014
|2013 BPAC Meetings
|Monday, November 4, 2013
|2012 BPAC Meetings
|Need More Information?
|Contact MIC Planner James Gittemeier by phone at (218) 529-7556 or by e-mail.|
|Current MIC meeting materials|
|View a list of MIC staff members, their current projects and contact information.|
|Select a Font Size|
|Follow Our Blog:
The MIC has an opening for a planner to develop transportation and land use studies for the Duluth-Superior area. See More…
|We Need Your Input!
|Public comments are being taken on the Draft 2017-2020 Duluth Area TIP through the month of July. |
Click the icon to view the Draft TIP
Comments and questions are welcomed by contacting Chris Belden at (218) 529-7502; or by attending a drop-in “open house” on:
Tuesday, July 19 or
Tuesday, July 26
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at the Arrowhead Regional Development Commission office, 221 West First Street, Duluth, MN.
|Current Planning Initiatives
|Lincoln Park Multimodal Transportation Study|
Duluth-Superior Port Land Use Plan- 2015 Update
Northwest Douglas County Freight Movement Study
4th Street Construction Project
Duluth 6th Avenue East Traffic Study
|Recent Plans and Studies